Limited One-Year Warranty.
For a period of one year from date of shipment, all T.M. Cobb manufactured stile and rail doors shall be free of defects which render such door(s) unserviceable or unfit for ordinary recommended use.
Persons Covered by Limited One-Year Warranty.
TM. Cobb extends its Limited One-Year Warranty only to the persons or companies to whom it has sold its doors. Warranties made by T.M. Cobb customers to subsequent purchasers cannot be honored by T.M. Cobb.
Characteristics Excluded from these Warranties.
The following are not defects in the workmanship or material and are not covered by this written warranty:
- Warp in stile and rail doors less than one-quarter inch (1/4”) in the plane of the door itself, and any warp in stile and rail doors over 3’0” wide or 7’0” high.
- Damage caused by failure to comply with the care and handling instructions printed on page 87 of this brochure.
- Damage caused by attempts to repair the door by persons other than T.M. Cobb or its approved representatives.
- Natural variations in the color or texture of the wood.
- Defects caused by warp or bow of the frame or jamb in which the door is hung, improper hanging of the door or improper installation such that the door does not swing freely.
- Damage caused by improper handling or on site storage.
- Panel misalignment or shrinkage.
- Cracks or splits in split resistent panels which do not appear on both sides of the panel.
- Failure to follow the finishing instructions.
- Gap allowance at stile and rail joints that is .007” x 15% of joint length or less.
- Swing out doors with high exposure or less than 3 feet overhang 12 inches above the door.
- Limited Overhang.
What TM. Cobb Will Do.
In the event that a T.M. Cobb manufactured stile and rail door fails to conform to this warranty, T.M. Cobb will repair the door or, at its option, ship a replacement to its customer in the same condition of fit and finish as the door originally sold by T.M. Cobb. If T.M. Cobb is unable to replace the door and if repair is not commercially practicable, T.M. Cobb may reimburse the dealer’s purchase price of the defective door. If the claimed defect is warp, TM. Cobb may defer repairing or replacing the door for a period of up to twelve (12) months from the date of claim or the date when the door was installed, in order to permit conditioning and equalizing to humidity and temperature conditions. The company cannot under any circumstances be responsible for installation, repainting, refinishing or other similar activities necessary to complete the replacement or any cost associated with the resolve.
Doors with insulated glass are warranted against hermetic seal failure for a period of five years from date of manufacture. Should there be a failure of the air seal within the warranty period, the company shall supply either the insulated glass only or the insulated glass in sash at the company’s option. If hermetic seal failure is caused by the use of cleaning solutions that contains chemicals that attack our sealant or if lap painting was not conducted, no warranty shall be in effect. The company cannot under any circumstances be responsible for installation, repainting, refinishing or other similar activities necessary to complete the replacement or any cost associated with the resolve.
The company will furnish the insulated glass only free of charge, F.O.B. the original point of delivery. Cracked or broken glass is not covered by the warranty.
Decorative glass that is hand crafted may vary from one lite to another and contain variations in color, size, glass clarity and welded joints may differ. These are not defects. Tempered glass contains varying degrees of distortions. These distortions may effect view and are not considered a defect. All glass should be cleaned with mild soap & water only. All other solutions could cause damage or seal failure. Do not allow metal parts of cleaning equipment to contact glass.
Limitations and Exclusions.
All implied warranties, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration for the period of one (1) year from the date of shipment to T.M. Cobb’s customer. T.M. Cobb shall not be liable for any special, consequential, indirect or incidental damages based upon breach of express or implied warranty, breach of contract, negligence, strict tort or any other legal theory. Such damages include, but are not limited to, loss of profits, loss of savings or revenue, loss of use of the door or the structure in which the door is installed, costs of any substitute doors, claims by third parties including subsequent purchasers of T.M. Cobb product and injury to property. Some states do not allow the exclusion or modification of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusions may not apply to you.
How to Make a Claim.
Immediately upon discovering that a TM. Cobb manufactured stile and rail door is defective or fails to conform to this warranty, the customer shall send a notice in writing to the dealer where the T.M.Cobb door was originally purchased.